Welcome.

sross
Cadet

Re: Welcome.

Post by sross »

Cain wrote:Hello peeps...

Been a while, things were promising
then it crashed...

Lord Cain, Cmdr Cain, Ncc1701A, Battlestar Pegasus... some monickers from back to Genie days..

@Shan, I played Genies steller Emperor in the 1980's text based time...
hulls up to 200, versitability in building ships.... slow planet busters full of cargo space vulnerable to attk... or is that DN an attack type... low Cargo, Huge Fuel Tanks, lots of weapons and Big Missles?

Played also Kesmais internet version, so much dumbed down..

I Played with Telk, quaddafy/kaddaffy, Red Dog, Lady and Was an Original JYD in fact, when It first was created.
Cain, you still a met fan?
Cain
Cadet

Post by Cain »

Met fan?

Always been, Always Will..
From around 1963-64 when i became aware of Baseball.
growing up in Northern Jersey
Lord Cain on Megawars and GEnie Steller Emperor
Four Time Viceroy of the Galaxy
Cain
Cadet

Post by Cain »

sross wrote: Anyway, I'll re-introduce myself - WaLL from SE. I still feel SE/MW3 was one of the best games every developed, and unfortunately haven't found a game that has filled the void.
Scott
WaLL

Theres been nothing like SE....

Theres some games that aren't bad through... Ferion... and one i'm playing in Astroempires.

Got a Death Star Building in it ;)
Lord Cain on Megawars and GEnie Steller Emperor
Four Time Viceroy of the Galaxy
sross
Cadet

Post by sross »

Cain wrote:Met fan?

Always been, Always Will..
From around 1963-64 when i became aware of Baseball.
growing up in Northern Jersey
getting swept in sd was not good. this team has eerie similarities to the 2001 rendition of the Mets.

Anyway, visit thehappyrecap.com or http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/ if your interested in some Met fan discussions.
shan

Post by shan »

Hey, Cain. I definitely remember you. I flew under the handle GUN, way back in the day, with you, Telk, Lady, RWB et al. I learned the game from Telk and flew with JYD, from beginning to end. I miss those days and wish that we could see the real SE back online again, where building hullers and tactical planet busting is the name of the game. I tried to play SE in its new incarnations, but without huller building and flexible ship configuration, it just wasn't fun. I played MW III for a while then under the same name, a few wars with Lancer.
sross
Cadet

Post by sross »

Did everyone leave again? :lol:
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

well not exactly... some of us just branched out a little bit :lol:
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

Just waiting for work ona update.:) we are all still waiting with baited breath:)
Hetulik
Cadet

Post by Hetulik »

Hello everyone -
This is Hetulik. Finding these forums and seeing so many friends from days past brought a smile to my face this evening. That so many folks (including myself) are still doing google searches for "Stellar Emperor" 8+ years after the game ended is a testament to how Stellar Emperor was a special game. Nor do i feel i've ever connected with a gaming community as I did with SE. I have many good memories from those days.

It was nice seeing posts from Caleb, CmdrCain, Botany, Tafoid, Wall, Talon, and others...... who i've flown alongside on the same team at some point.

Caleb - terrific job for organizing a forum and getting development of SEMW3 going again. I think you're absolutely correct when you say the first priority is to rebuild the community again. Keep the updates coming, and i appreciate your efforts. (ah... to be PMing again : -)

I feel there should be a place on the market for a game like SE. Many folks play browser based games, but i've never found a browser based game as good as SE. So that's a large pool of potential players if they knew a game like MWSE3 existed. Many more people have access to the internet now than they did in the 90's. Everything is becoming more graphically intense and complicated -- but going back to basics i feel there is room for a game as playable and fun as SE was (relatively simple concepts, but infinite variablity).

I echo what Wall said about not finding a game to fill the void since SE went away. Nothings been the same since. I did start playing EVE Online about a year ago. Anyone else actively playing EVE? I've often wondered if any former SE players flying around the EVE universe.

Hope everyone is well. I'll try to keep checking these forums weekly.

Regards,
Hetulik
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

I actually checked Eve Out and found WoW better, to each his own I guess. Thou apparently there is a Knights of the Old Republic coming on next year along with a DC unvierse MMORG so who knows, as for SE if he get's it up and running, I'll certianly help $$$ wise to get if off the ground:)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

MMORPGs have never been my type of game. I've always personally been a Shooter and Strategy game person. Of course, I've also never understood this fascination of permanent real-time persistent universe environments either. I already partake in one called life, and that one is more than enough ;p That's why I really liked SE, it was real-time, but you could never start more than 4 weeks behind anybody, and if that was the case, you'd be equals in a matter of hours.

Anyway, I apologize for the massive delays, as I have been very busy lately, and have had little time to progress anything beyond filling some of the missing framework pieces. I've got another busy weekend coming up, but after which I'm hoping to focus a lot more time to the project until my annual late-August vacation.

I have purchased two servers which will eventually be the base SEMW3 servers, but they currently do not have a home (they're too loud to run at home [and I don't have a rack or suitable connection in my home sadly]). I'm still debating on whether I want to temporarily place them at my work, which would be limited to a T1 connection, or just go straight to a co-location. Either way, that won't happen until I have something to publicly show, so I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Talon, as for funding, I don't expect this project to be a costly project. As we all painfully know, the real cost involved is time.

Anyway, very glad to see familiar faces finding their way, and I hope to have better news in the not-to-distant future!

P.S. If any of you out there are good at design, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start thinking up some web layout mock ups for the Web PM interface.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

well whatever we can do to help:)
Mysticskyhawk
Cadet

Post by Mysticskyhawk »

Hey hey Good to see you all again Skyhawk here presant and accounted for :) look forward to flying a few with WP and FAM again ;)

Currently Play EVE-Online and WoW
thirdday

Post by thirdday »

Nice to see so many Familar faces :) I hope we get a chance to play SE again together sometime. I currently Play wow on the Dark Iron server if any of the old SE players play there. look me up :) my rogue is named thirdday and my pally is named plankeye on the horde side.
WarpRat
Cadet

Post by WarpRat »

Hello All,
Oh man would it be great to see this game up and flying. Its been awhile and I have played many games since the end of Stellar Emperor, Americas Army, Socom II, HALO,and the list goes on and on. Currenty stuck on a game called Asherons Call (Turbine). I would give them all up with there eye candy for a single month of SE. :)

Good Luck guys!

WarpRat/Kio

p.s - where do i send donations ? :)