War End Warnings

Stellar Emperor Beta testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay should be mostly stable, but is subject to bug fixes and rebalancing.
Death
Cadet

War End Warnings

Post by Death »

Posting this here as we talked about at the end of Apha War 6. It would be helpful to have a warning message to let people know when the war will end instead of just an abrupt war has ended message.
jessedskillings

Re: War End Warnings

Post by jessedskillings »

And the warning was welcomed!
Rev
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Oh yeah, this is now in :)
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Death
Cadet

Post by Death »

Can you make a warning that makes my alarm clock go off ? Fell asleep putting the 3 yr old to bed last night cuz she had to have me lay her, and as a result I did not get to do my endgame pm. And of course this was the first war I was not sweating getting all of my ss up to 90.
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Death wrote:Can you make a warning that makes my alarm clock go off ?
Sure can't. Stop being weak and falling asleep!
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Tafoid
Cadet

Post by Tafoid »

Caleb wrote:
Death wrote:Can you make a warning that makes my alarm clock go off ?
Sure can't. Stop being weak and falling asleep!
I'd say this falls under the realm of a checkmark in the option (allow galaxy ending warnings to make a sound) and use the PM sound for it. That PM sound can adequately wake the dead at a high enough volume :)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Tafoid wrote: I'd say this falls under the realm of a checkmark in the option (allow galaxy ending warnings to make a sound) and use the PM sound for it. That PM sound can adequately wake the dead at a high enough volume :)
I do not like this concept do to the quantity of messages currently being delivered.

And any sound at a high enough volume could wake the dead :)
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Tafoid
Cadet

Post by Tafoid »

Caleb wrote:
Tafoid wrote: I'd say this falls under the realm of a checkmark in the option (allow galaxy ending warnings to make a sound) and use the PM sound for it. That PM sound can adequately wake the dead at a high enough volume :)
I do not like this concept do to the quantity of messages currently being delivered.

And any sound at a high enough volume could wake the dead :)
I don't understand the resistance. Some people would find such an option useful and it wouldn't be ON be default. It is not an unreasonable request either and would not bother a single user in its default state. Some of us have earned the right to be lazy at times.. help us out! :D
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Tafoid wrote:I don't understand the resistance. Some people would find such an option useful and it wouldn't be ON be default. It is not an unreasonable request either and would not bother a single user in its default state. Some of us have earned the right to be lazy at times.. help us out! :D
The Preferences dialog is already becoming quite bulky, and this is something that can easily be handled outside the client with various forms of alarms.

Further, with the current update/installer system, preferences are often reset, and it would not be very reliable.

I love having options, but for usability reasons, there have to be lines drawn in some places. Some things the user just needs to be responsible for themselves.
--Cossid AKA Caleb