Alpha War 2 Feedback

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Cossid
Site Admin

Re: Alpha War 2 Feedback

Post by Cossid »

For the time being, I want to remain as close to the original SE as possible, and all things mentioned are exactly as SE was. Trade Surplus was set in the Planetary Operations menu, as it doesn't directly have anything to do with stockpiles, only indirectly.

As for the ship classes, those are all things that have run through my mind, and are likely to exist in expanded versions of the game (and very easy to implement), but for the time being, I want to create against a known (or relatively known) set of constants to make sure things are right, and then expand once we're out of more advanced phases.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

I was actually thinking about the transport idea last war... was merely thinking well we can have our standard transport but since there can be more ships "added" make one that takes a bit more to build, but has that ability to shoot, even if they're considered weaker weapons that are available on there? just enough to defend is definately what I was wondering about, and of course one of those ,,!,, types would be nice ;)
Yoda
Cadet

Post by Yoda »

Dear Caleb,
In "Preferences", we have the option to "use spell-check in primary input box". If it were possible, I would love to have automatic spell check (like in these forums, for example) in the Message Center.
Also, will there be an Alpha War 3 on Friday, May 31 at 9:30 Eastern time?
Yours, Yoda
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

I will look into adding spell-check into the message center in the client, it probably isn't very difficult to do.

Yes, there will be another war which will start next Friday, I will be sending an email out sometime in the middle of next week.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Yoda
Cadet

Post by Yoda »

Greetings, Caleb,
Had an interesting little glitch this AM. Was in a scout, scouting, in hyperspace, over star 3431. I happened to click on 3431 again, planning to recheck it. Blue box appears: (Star 3431, Ship 139270 (Yoda))
Changed my mind about rechecking, and, when I clicked on star 1047, the next star I wished to proceed to, blue box again appeared: (Star 1047, Ship 139279 (Yoda)) as if I was in two places at once. The science menu would not give me a "navigate to 1047" command. I, therefore, went to nearby star 3024, which, when clicked on, did give me a nav to command. After scouting 3024, then proceeded to 1047 with no further issue. Very minor incident, but thought I would bring it to your attention. Yoda