Upcoming Alpha War 6 Changes

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Cossid
Site Admin

Upcoming Alpha War 6 Changes

Post by Cossid »

Alpha War 6 is going to include some changes to help make things a bit easier with the current light player base.

Determined changes include:
  • 2048 stars instead of 4096
  • 1000 x 1000 ly galaxy instead of 1600 x 1600 ly
  • 49 Provinces (7x7) instead of 100 (10x10)
  • Only 5 wormhole pairs instead of 14 pairs
  • 9 planets per player, only the top 6 will score
  • Metal requirements will be higher (this is permanent, not just war 6, has been too low)
  • Conscription will be slowed down (amount to be determined, but will become permanent)
  • Troops will be allowed to be dropped or picked up from a base set with team access
  • A player will be able to drop (not pick up) guns and fighters to any player on their team (not designated by team access code or trade surplus)
  • Swap cost of guns and fighters (guns to become 100, fighters become 150) to replace the two potential changes above
Update (8/21/2013)
I have decided to swap the gun and fighter costs to help encourage teamwork. This has now been moved from potential to determined changes for the war.

Any thoughts or feedback are appreciated. I'm trying to make the galaxy a little more friendly to the currently low player base in an attempt to help things grow.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Tafoid
Cadet

Re: Upcoming Alpha War 6 Changes

Post by Tafoid »

Caleb wrote:Alpha War 6 is going to include some changes to help make things a bit easier with the current light player base.

Potential, undetermined changes:
  • Cost of figs raised, possibly doubled (figs currently cost 100, guns 150)
  • Blackhole ratio adjusted from 3:1 guns:figs to 3:2 (or 1.5:1)
Any thoughts or feedback are appreciated. I'm trying to make the galaxy a little more friendly to the currently low player base in an attempt to help things grow.
I had always thought it would be better to 50/50 the cost or swap them straight up(Gun 100, Fig 150) out to make it a bit harder to mow through things. The blackhole ratio is something I'm not convinced about and wouldn't helps but very early in the game. This game is all about being able to obtain what you want through work and teamwork. Making things harder to do might very well make it less desirable to do it in the first place.
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

I like the concept of swapping gun and fighter costs.

Changing the blackhole ratio would more protect from a single player attack. A TRA effort would still be very effective against guns in this case. But I think swapping the costs as you suggest would probably be enough without needing to change the blackhole ratio.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

I'm still hoping for some much needed changes to your anti beaker rules :lol:
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

beaker wrote:I'm still hoping for some much needed changes to your anti beaker rules :lol:
Don't worry, they get better with every release!
--Cossid AKA Caleb
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

That's what has me somewhat worried... would be more worried if they were more prominent and affected others somehow ;)
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

Everything is done with Beaker in Mind:) We still have Beaker Mode in MW4 because of you:)
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

one other Note I have been promoting your Beta release coming up...so you might see a few news faces...so be gentle..:)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

setalon wrote:one other Note I have been promoting your Beta release coming up...so you might see a few news faces...so be gentle..:)
The more the merrier! :D
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Dog

Post by Dog »

nice improvements since I was here last. much more user friendly
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

Some thoughts...Universe Size is good..
Seems too easy to bust with TRA command..you can melt thru guns fairly fast.
Figs seem to grow too slow compared to guns.. just my impressions..
Combat works good..no issues there..
Love the Color mapping.. I do wish we could share between teammates the LIB data thou..
and Other than getting wiped on Monday..its been fun:) it isn,t like the old days where I can could take off on Bust day:) oh well tactics will be adjusted for next war.. you get busted out day one..your basically toast for the war. You can really never balance that into the game.
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

setalon wrote:Seems too easy to bust with TRA command..you can melt thru guns fairly fast.
Figs seem to grow too slow compared to guns.. just my impressions..
The second point was done intentionally to make the first point less powerful (see the last bullet point in the first post).

Teamwork using the TRA command is rewarding, and will remain so, it is certainly the most powerful team tool.
--Cossid AKA Caleb