BUG: A bugged planet?

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Tafoid
Cadet

BUG: A bugged planet?

Post by Tafoid »

I own a planet right now which was recently taken (had large amount of troops and were occed away). I normally run a pretty tight ship when possible on metal, so I'm not discounting a 'burn' or anything, but the numbers are not adding up:

Code: Select all

Habitability:    xx.xx%     Loan:         0         Citizenry:
Metal Rating:    xx.xx%     Team Access:  139267    Housing Habitability: 1.60% 
Trade Surplus:    0.00%     Distress Ch.: xxx       Standard of Living:   23.47%

Total     Increase    Growth    Colony Settings:
Population         215,067         -871   -65.63%    Immigration:  1,999,999,999
Mercenaries          1,449          860 23781.74%    Max Troops:   2,000
Houses               3,448          583  3310.67%    Conscription: 100.00%
Metal Stock          6,026           -8   -20.62%
Pop isn't really doing much - just dropping due to increased troops. The pop is what was expected.. houses seem to be growing but a large percentage of my population seems to be roughing it at this time. This doesn't seem normal as I've never witnessed a housing habitability like that. All 215k or so are assignable in industries, so the population is working like there are houses to support them. It was my understanding the if the houses were to disappear, so would the population?
Tafoid
Cadet

Re: BUG: A bugged planet?

Post by Tafoid »

It's hard to monitor its progress when it iss busted within a hour of me retaking the aban... that said it was an attempt to burn:
[5:00:37 PM] A:[113845 Outlaw] I'll be honest, I was trying to drop the pop but I didn't see that all the houses had disappeared
[5:01:06 PM] A:[346838 Tafoid] oh, so you were actively trying to burn it?
[5:01:10 PM] A:[346838 Tafoid] that's low :P
[5:01:45 PM] A:[113845 Outlaw] haha, I wouldn't say bur, I would say make less attractive so you wouldn't keep takingit back
I guess you can still kind of burn a planet, but the pop doesn't drop very fast once the houses are busted down. Some comments would be appreciated.
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

I guess a lot of these DIY shows are correct then... nobody cares about doing it right, they are merely out to make a buck, not caring about the quality of their build of work, hence why the houses went so easily ;)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Tafoid wrote:I own a planet right now which was recently taken (had large amount of troops and were occed away). I normally run a pretty tight ship when possible on metal, so I'm not discounting a 'burn' or anything, but the numbers are not adding up:

Code: Select all

Habitability:    xx.xx%     Loan:         0         Citizenry:
Metal Rating:    xx.xx%     Team Access:  139267    Housing Habitability: 1.60% 
Trade Surplus:    0.00%     Distress Ch.: xxx       Standard of Living:   23.47%

Total     Increase    Growth    Colony Settings:
Population         215,067         -871   -65.63%    Immigration:  1,999,999,999
Mercenaries          1,449          860 23781.74%    Max Troops:   2,000
Houses               3,448          583  3310.67%    Conscription: 100.00%
Metal Stock          6,026           -8   -20.62%
Pop isn't really doing much - just dropping due to increased troops. The pop is what was expected.. houses seem to be growing but a large percentage of my population seems to be roughing it at this time. This doesn't seem normal as I've never witnessed a housing habitability like that. All 215k or so are assignable in industries, so the population is working like there are houses to support them. It was my understanding the if the houses were to disappear, so would the population?
Yes, this is indeed a known issue. I haven't been able to find a reverse immigration balance when houses are gone due to burning, which means population only falls at the rate of attrition. This will be addressed at some point in the future, but not necessarily near-term.
--Cossid AKA Caleb