A quick short-round of testing (PM).

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Cossid
Site Admin

A quick short-round of testing (PM).

Post by Cossid »

Greetings pilots!

The initial alpha testing for the web based PM of project SEMW3 is finally ready to start.

Inital testing will take place it 2 phases:

Phase 1 starts now. From now until early afternoon Friday, there are 4 galaxies up.
All phases will assign a player 6 planets which will have randomly assigned Hab & Met between 90-100.
Galaxy AndromedaTest1 will give you 6 newly established planets, as if they were just established this morning.
Galaxy AndromedaTest2 will give you 6 planets that are approximately at 2 weeks of "average" PM settings.
Galaxy HelaTest1 will give you 6 newly established planets in a war with 4x (1 week war) acceleration.
Galaxy HelaTest2 will give you 6 planets that are approximately 3 regular weeks of "average" PM settings with acceleration set to a 1 week war.

For this initial phase 1, You can do whatever you like, in fact, please try to break things. Let me know if anything seems incorrect or is broken. You can reply here (this thread or forum) or by email ( willis [-at-] space-game.net ) or on GTalk (Google IM) ( weweilep [-at-] gmail.com ).

Phase 2 will start Friday evening and will wipe out everything within Phase 1.
Phase 2 will start all planets out as new and there will be 3 galaxies running (4 week, 2 week, and 1 week) and should run for their entirety. I will start a new thread for this event on Friday.

So without further ado, you may register and browse a http://alpha.space-game.net:81/

Some quick notes:
Page load may be somewhat slow, this is hosted from my home server for the time being.
Potential PM quirks:
- Riots are not fully implemented. Riot-like settings will cause stalls and some loss, but are not completely correct yet.
- Conscription rate may be somewhat off, I haven't had time to fully research the correct way to implement this.

Happy testing, and as always, all questions and comments are welcome!

--Willis aka Caleb
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Cossid
Site Admin

Re: A quick short-round of testing.

Post by Cossid »

Well, nothing has gone wrong yet, but there was relatively little testing done. I've decided to postpone phase 2 until next week, more than likely I'll reset on Friday evening at 9:30PM EDT
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Spectrum
Cadet

Post by Spectrum »

My planets do not seem to be growing.
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Thanks for the catch, this has been fixed.

Was a small logic problem on galaxy end (one of the test galaxies ended in the middle of the day yesterday), and instead of stopping growth on one, it stopped on all.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

Trying to adjust settings on planets... if i had 3.4 ag 6.9 mining and 3.4 BI, it would round the housing wrong, and give a %76.299999999999999... and of course it won't set there, nothing major yet, but you know me I'll certainly find something wrong soon ;)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

beaker wrote:Trying to adjust settings on planets... if i had 3.4 ag 6.9 mining and 3.4 BI, it would round the housing wrong, and give a %76.299999999999999... and of course it won't set there, nothing major yet, but you know me I'll certainly find something wrong soon ;)
Javascript certainly isn't my thing. This rounding error should now be fixed.
--Cossid AKA Caleb