Cadet

Re: Welcome.

Post by WarpRat »

Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? :P
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

Pssst? HURRY UP ALREADY.... get to work will ya man? :)
kingsaver

Post by kingsaver »

Hi All,

This is quite a surprise. I was unpacking some boxes from my move oh about a year ago and found an old plaque from MegaWars III when I was playing as Pirate and won Emperor of the Galaxy on 29th day of February, 2869 TS. :D

When I saw the plaque it brought back a lot of good memories and about how the moderator took one of the Imperial planets away from our team for a short period of time because I didnt open it up to trade soon enough. I said to myself why not. So I googled and found this site.

I was playing the game when it was licensed to Compuserve and remember payiny a $6.00 per hour charge to play :). Ahh, the good ole days when you didn't have to worry about little kids. The copyright on the certificate was from Kesmai back in 1984. It may have been that long ago. Wow, I am an old fart now.

Well enough of that. I see that there is a bit of interest in getting the game redone. I hope you guys really can. Text games make you work your mind and imagination. In all honestly I enjoyed them more than I do the graphic games now.

I am not a programmer or anything of the sort. However, I will help however I can.

OMG!!! I just found your test server and took command of my scout! I can't beliece how close to the old real game this was. I know have to try to remember the text commands etc. AMAZING!!!

Bruce Jones aka Emperor Pirate :)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Greetings Pirate.

This project (still quietly underway) is a reincarnation of the graphical version of Stellar Emperor from the mid-late 90's. There is also a text-based reincarnation more similar to the original Mega Wars III available over at Crimson Leaf Games ( http://crimsonleafgames.com/ ) that you may want to check out. If you register an account there, you will gain access to their forums ( or you can browse them as read-only at http://crimsonleafgames.com/Forums/ )
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Apocalypse
Cadet

Post by Apocalypse »

Hi guys,

I played for a while in 1997 before it went pay to play and I'd love to come back. I was probably an annoying little kid at the time - the handle I used was Sire_Melkor or something like that. I believe I played with GOM (Grumpy Old Men) and D! for a little while if I am remembering those names correctly. Anyway I loved this game and would love to rejoin the community - although sadly I have no technical skills to speak of. Is there a status update or any way I can get in the next war?

Apoc
dantes_justice

Post by dantes_justice »

Hello Caleb. Long time.. no see.
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

Hello Dante.

Welcome aboard! Things are rather slow, but the game certainly remains open. If you had an issue over the weekend with the client, it should now be resolved.
--Cossid AKA Caleb