Post by The_Spook »

Welcome Jersoc...

Welcome WarpRat...

It is awesome to see everyone

The Spook
jafarz

commands list

Post by jafarz »

I am currently trying the testing and do not have a list of commands. Is there one i can access. Thanks.
Spectrum
Cadet

Re: Welcome.

Post by Spectrum »

The About page has a list of commands

Spectrum
Lady's Wrath

Post by Lady's Wrath »

Hail Gun,

Nice to see you again. I was feeling nostalgic about SE and a google got me here. Looking forward to playing SE/MW3 again. Been playing Everquest both one & two but cancelled accounts a few months ago thru sheer boredom.

Lady

ps - Hello to all you other pilots :)

Post by The_Spook »

Welcome... To all the people who have logged on since the last time I logged on.

This is awesome, I am not sure how to test by the way. I would love to get someone's imput on how to perticipate ;-)

The Spook D!
Spacenet

Post by Spacenet »

Hello everyone! It's Spacenet.

I was feeling a little nostalgic about SE and a google search later brought me here. I have really missed SE and I will fully support the effort to bring it back. It's so nice to see all the familiar names. I've missed you all!

Space
Bkss

Post by Bkss »

<Tips Hat> hiya all ,,,,,, good to c some of u peeps again,,,,,, looking forward to testing out what u have ,still one of my fav games after all these years kinda miss the fun , Happy hunting

BKss

ps , if information is power then to b unkown is to b all powerfull !!
Cain
Cadet

Post by Cain »

Dunno, if all know, but the older Megawars III is a working thing
not graphical, more the Old SE/Mw3 that predated Gamestorms SE.

http://www.megawarsiii.com/
Lord Cain on Megawars and GEnie Steller Emperor
Four Time Viceroy of the Galaxy
345420 MAV
Cadet

Post by 345420 MAV »

345420 Mav MavericK checking in! Wow I have thought about SE a few times since 98-99 and wondered why it disappeared was such a great game was reading and article about EvE online and made me think of SE, did some google and found this. Lol found an archive of old score sheets brings back a lot of memory's. Don't know if anyone will remember me but I remember mixing it up with spook and talon and such striving for that warlord title! I am not a programmer, but if there is any help needed let me know.

Sean
WarpRat
Cadet

Post by WarpRat »

Hey guys:)

Im just checking in and obviously the TEXT part of this game is in full swing.

I just wanted to know if there's any chance of the SE Gamestorm version ( point and click ) happening in the future?

See Im a monkey with a mouse in my hand and I get excited at the sight of even the smallest sign of flashy lights on the small screen.

:)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

The text-based version of MW3 is being created Spectrum, which is a separate project.

I will be working on a SE-like clone, but unfortunately progress has been lacking. I've re-started all plans based on work derived from Kon earlier this week, and am still working on getting some of the core frameworks in place.

The good news is that I'm getting rid of my second job that was consuming most of my free time, and I'm going to try and replace that time as coding towards the SE clone.

However, I want to be able to build upon the base code in the future (into an improved game) and am also learning some new coding techniques to make things more flexible, so I'm not expecting to have anything complete in too short of a time frame. Right now, my tentative goal is to have a pretty solid beta PM module (web-based) going by the end of July, but that's still up in the air. Rest assured, I also want this very badly!

I encourage all people here to continue to bug me about it, as it helps me keep on task. I will certainly post when there is more information.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

Willis wrote: I encourage all people here to continue to bug me about it, as it helps me keep on task. I will certainly post when there is more information.

Well hurry the hell up damnit :P
Mysticskyhawk
Cadet

Post by Mysticskyhawk »

Hurry up will you :twisted: geez
MuManiac

Post by MuManiac »

Death here.

Looks like I arrived a little late as usual.

So many familiar names.

So many long nights cruising the galaxy.

Is it done yet ? :twisted:
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

check out MWIII for now while WIllis works on his..