Surprised SE had not been copied in some form and...

WarpRat
Cadet

Surprised SE had not been copied in some form and...

Post by WarpRat »

offered free over the internet to millions a long time ago.

The graphics ain't great and it seems like it would be a simple browser based game that could be offered free to the public and paid for solely by advertisement?

I don't know..just a little surprised with all these so-called free space games on-line, Astro Wars,Starport Galactic Empires,Space Fedreration,Ferion ect..ect.. that something like SE would not be available already.

With today's faster computers and higher access speeds and video cards that carry 1GB a video ram. It seems like it would be easy to get a few million hocked up and connected to this game with NO LAG!

I dream of a billion plants and unlimited number of wormholes :)

Im bored. Again!

Bye!
Spectrum
Cadet

Re: Surprised SE had not been copied in some form and...

Post by Spectrum »

One of the main goals of the game is to have a limited number of planets thus creating conflict.
WarpRat
Cadet

Post by WarpRat »

True.

SE does need a limited amount of resources to fight over making the game competitive.......Still im surprised this game has not been re-created one way or another in some form. It just seems so simple to do.
Spectrum
Cadet

Post by Spectrum »

Willis is working on a recreation.

I have MW3 running and we have started building a graphical interface on the game.

So there are two in development so asking your question is kind of confusing.

The comments about advertising supporting the game is totaly off, you will need to pay for it so expect 10 to 20 per war.
WarpRat
Cadet

Post by WarpRat »

What I meant by advertisement is..simple.

If you get enough hits on a web page advertisers will pay you to allow them to post there "BULLETIN" on your sight. Obviously that's how web pages survive. TRAFFIC..the more the better for those willing to advertise on your sight.

That's what I meant.

I was just thinking out loud why something as simple too create has not already been done. I THINK IT WOULD DRAW A NICE CROWD! <---MONEY!

As far as paying 10-20 a month for this game.

Sounds good.

Not a problem! :)
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

WarpRat wrote:What I meant by advertisement is..simple.

If you get enough hits on a web page advertisers will pay you to allow them to post there "BULLETIN" on your sight. Obviously that's how web pages survive. TRAFFIC..the more the better for those willing to advertise on your sight.
Advertising doesn't quite work the way it did in the late 90's. Traffic count no longer matters as much as interested traffic count (those that actually click), and of course, for enough people to be interested, you have to have a pretty substantial base to begin with.
WarpRat wrote:I was just thinking out loud why something as simple too create has not already been done.
'simple' is a very relative term, that is much easier to be used from the point of a bystander. While a project like this may not be difficult for a large firm, a firm needs to know it's worth the investment. SE was always relatively small in terms of following. As a solo developer, I can say it's not just that simple, especially when you plan to make things more flexible in the future to be able to expand the game, but I still won't give up just the same, but I refuse to make a game that I won't be happy with.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Spectrum
Cadet

Post by Spectrum »

I have to agree with Willis, no advertiser would pay to advertise on either of our sites.

Traffic would have to be in the hundreds of thousand hits per day before they would even discuss the possibility.

The most that have been on this site at once was "Most users ever online was 7 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:54 pm"

At MegaWarsiii.com we have had 30 on a reset night.

About the simple comment - My project directory for MW3/Holozek(MW4) is 66mb 5,215 files in 1,167 folders.