BUG?: Radio Room commands

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Tafoid
Cadet

BUG?: Radio Room commands

Post by Tafoid »

When I do a 'help" in radio room, I get the following commands:
BAS, DES, END, FLY, HEL, MUT, SEN, SYN, TAR, TIM, TUN, UNM, USE, WHO

I would argue that at least 2 of those should be taken out of radio room use: DES and TAR. These should be done when you have your ship in space and active, not sitting on the radio room couch.

I would further argue that since BAS (and globally LIB, ENV (geo) is allowed), we should also be able to INV and SUR (for bases we own or have ships stored).

Seems reasonable?
Cossid
Site Admin

Re: BUG?: Radio Room commands

Post by Cossid »

Tafoid wrote:When I do a 'help" in radio room, I get the following commands:
BAS, DES, END, FLY, HEL, MUT, SEN, SYN, TAR, TIM, TUN, UNM, USE, WHO

I would argue that at least 2 of those should be taken out of radio room use: DES and TAR. These should be done when you have your ship in space and active, not sitting on the radio room couch.

I would further argue that since BAS (and globally LIB, ENV (geo) is allowed), we should also be able to INV and SUR (for bases we own or have ships stored).

Seems reasonable?
I'm fairly certain DES was available from radio in Gamestorm SE.

TARget is a local command, and is not sent to the server (except in the case of converting a ship handle to a ship number). This was certainly allowed in Gamestorm SE, and really there is no way I could prevent this one (please note LOC and TAR are completely separate).

As for INV/SUR, I had been on the fence about those, as you can access that information from web or menus, I will probably make them available from radio room as well.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
Cossid
Site Admin

Re: BUG?: Radio Room commands

Post by Cossid »

DES and TAR remain as previously described above.

SUR and INV have been added as allowed radio room commands.
--Cossid AKA Caleb