Welcome.

NoFear

Re: Welcome.

Post by NoFear »

Whats Up All,

Glad to see everyone still have great memories of this game,I loved it and miss the hell out of it,And hope you guys can get this game up and running again,Good Luck,and hope to hear from you soon.

AKA,NoFear
Priea
Cadet

Post by Priea »

Well hello all !

Glad to see some familiar names in here, Wall, Caleb,etc.

This is Priea 116698, You might also remember my brother in law Dalek.
Glad to see some interest in this game again after so long. Thank you Caleb!
I would love nothing more than to be able to play this game again.
I don't do anything with computers so i cannot help out with that but i can alway help out with cash.
Yeti Elder

Post by Yeti Elder »

I played Asherons Call for years. Had a helluva lot of fun, but I don't think you can still call it eye candy.
beaker
Cadet

Post by beaker »

...accepting all donations my way ;)
Priea
Cadet

Post by Priea »

Quite alright beaker.. Nice to see you again. Its funny how many people you remember just by the name they used in a game years ago :)
monty
Cadet

Post by monty »

sross wrote:Did everyone leave again? :lol:
No.

You were never here.

Noone was ever here.

In fact, this place does not exist, and has never existed.

You have been hallucinating: you need your meds adjusted.
:mrgreen:
Captain Cody

Post by Captain Cody »

:ugeek: Well, here I am; in the dark; I hope I don't fall into a pit.

I used to love Megawars (DECwars) on Compuserve circa 1986, was regularly in the top 10, and thought I would google around to see if anything like it still existed. Now I am wading through a mountain of essays about several incarnations during my 20 year hiatus and I still don't know if anything comparable still exists. :? Can anyone enlighten me about what exists (or is planned for) today? No more history lessons, please!
sross
Cadet

Post by sross »

Captain Cody wrote::ugeek: Well, here I am; in the dark; I hope I don't fall into a pit.

I used to love Megawars (DECwars) on Compuserve circa 1986, was regularly in the top 10, and thought I would google around to see if anything like it still existed. Now I am wading through a mountain of essays about several incarnations during my 20 year hiatus and I still don't know if anything comparable still exists. :? Can anyone enlighten me about what exists (or is planned for) today? No more history lessons, please!
Right now, what you see is what it is. A group of people interested in reviving the game (Either Stellar Emperor or Megawars III), but little work has been done to accomplish that goal.

Glad you found the site!
THOR

Post by THOR »

Hi all,

Thor here. Don't know if you remember me because I was late to the party. Started out as a PMer and peacenik but couldn't help causing problems. Anyway, nice to see someone trying to revive the greatest game I've ever played. I'm a network engineer now in Ohio, not sure that I can help much considering that I know routing rather than coding, but willing to help $$$$$$$. Let me know :-)
The_Spook
Cadet

Post by The_Spook »

The Holy Father has arrived to bless the reformation of the galaxy so that I might guide you on the path of righteousness. The Spook has cometh!!

In other words what the hell is up?

I am happy that I found this forum.

Years ago Tafoid told me there was a revival thing going on, but I could never find any links to it. OMG I thought this project was dead! Apparently this is it's second coming.

It's weird when I think about online gaming my mind always comes back to LOK and SE (By Lagg Storm... cough cough... Game Storm) As of a few months ago GameStorm.com domain name was still for-sale.

I currently play DDO and I used to play Everboredom, but would rather play the old school games. There are a couple LOK projects going on as well. I do play LOK from time to time.

Seeing people like Tafoid, Talon(Long live D! brothers), Caleb, Hetulik, Wall ... wow, the list goes on and brings back so many memories. Tafoid and I used to play on the same internet (dial-up) connection and log hours and hours of time busting planets and killing. He was and always will be the better PMer but what the hell, i have always been impatient.

My email is TLGames@yahoo.com if anyone wants to contact me.

The Spook
A.k.a Francis
Hetulik
Cadet

Post by Hetulik »

Glad you've found this place Spook! I remember you very well, and also fondly remember the old SE days.

Hetulik
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

All Hail the Great Spook:) The Dominon D!! Welcomes you back:)
Talon
WarpRat
Cadet

Post by WarpRat »

Im hailing the SPOOK ..just because i remember him as a very good player!

On another note: Do any of you play a game called "STAR PORT Galactic Empire "... I have been trying this game out for the last few days. And i like it (sorta- not SE- obviously) . When your in game it has the feel of STARSHIP TROOPERS ( ship movement) with a bit of planet management. Check it out just for kicks! ( if your bored)

www.starportgame.com/
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

Hellfire Signing in.

Wow!!!!!! I stumbled accros this forum in my periodic search for SE hoping that something is being remade or redeveloped.

I was never a major player in SE (I was....15..16 then), but I enjoyed the game for a LONG TIME, and have never found a replacment for it. Was sad when Kesmai went away. I know nothing of programming or any of that jazz but will deffinatly help out in anyway.

I still remember the first "Weekend War", and am reminded of it everytime I am at my brothers place (JerSoc). He still proudly displays his Warlord plaque on his wall.

Hellfire out!
Jersoc

Post by Jersoc »

Holy crap, this is the best news all year. What's up everyone? It's actually so strange I still recognize all these names after all the years.

If there's anything needed in ways of helping getting this going let me know. I know some programming skills.