PM Module: Food

Stellar Emperor Alpha testing. Builds may have a short period of working operation. Gameplay operations may change drastically from day to day. Feel free to join in the testing.
Cossid
Site Admin

PM Module: Food

Post by Cossid »

So in implementing and testing hydroponics, I can clearly see that the guessed values from Monty for food are off by a multiplied efficient.

Of course, there is very little documentation on values produced, and Monty based it of the recollection of needing about 3.5% population in Ag for food gain. This does seem vaguely accurate, however, I seem to recall 3.3-3.4 being acceptable in most cases, and MW3 had an 'auto' mode, in which case it usually ended up at 3.3. Does anybody specifically remember how much you needed without troops aboard, and how stressful were troops? I think troops currently eat far too much in my current model.

But the main question here, is on a newly established planet, if you set Ag to 0, how long did it take to deplete the default stock of 1000 food? The current model takes about 8 hours which seems a bit long. Pitchonomics has it labeled as "2 - 3 hours"

I've tested by tripling production and requirement, and that puts me at about 2.5 hours. Does anybody have any recollections that may back any of this up?
--Cossid AKA Caleb
setalon
Cadet

Re: PM Module: Food

Post by setalon »

2-3 hours was about right to run out of food... 3.3% was the Min. I used as well..
Cossid
Site Admin

Post by Cossid »

That's about what I though.

Problem now is finding the right number to get it there, and with that, I need to figure out how much troops ate. From everything I'm finding, troops on Hydro actually consumed less food than civilians on Hydro. In Monty's PM module, troops on Ag eat twice as much as civilians.

Of course, there are no helpful numbers in either the MW3 or SE manuals on food production, other than Ag doesn't require metal and Hydro requires Eng to create capacity. Aside from that, the only other reference is that food is first priority, and it's production may be linked somehow to effecitve habitability (house hab), at least in relation with the creation of Hydro, but I've found some of the numbers they seem to give there are off anyway.

It's pretty simple to change in most cases, just a matter of figuring out what is supposed to be right.
--Cossid AKA Caleb
setalon
Cadet

Post by setalon »

Im sure you will::)